Engine Overheating - Troubleshooting
Things to look for when your Jeep is overheating:
- Is the water pump being driven in the proper direction?
- Is the fan rotating in the proper direction?
- Has the cooling system been properly bled?
- Has the cooling system been flushed recently?
- Are there any blockages in the cooling system?
- Is the thermostat operating properly?
- Have you used the recommended mixture of coolant/water?
(Running 100% anti freeze will reduce cooling capability)
- Does the fan work? (clutched or electric)