BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll it look's like im building a rock buggy!

I wanted to know what springs guys are usin for 1/4 elip. rear

I looked at the pirate board a bit and they are using ford springs but didn't really get into much detail!?

any links or info would be great!

thanx

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Poguebilt said:
We'll it look's like im building a rock buggy!

I wanted to know what springs guys are usin for 1/4 elip. rear

I looked at the pirate board a bit and they are using ford springs but didn't really get into much detail!?

any links or info would be great!

thanx
What get's used for springs is going to depend on your vehicle weight. A lot of people start with F150 or F250 spring packs and then add or remove leafs to get the right spring rate.

Too many variables to say for sure.

FYI - I run custom Alcan springs with my 1/4 elliptical but I'll eventually swap in modified F250 packs when I rework things for new axles and wheelbase.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My truck will be done Saturday or Sunday. I have a 1/4 elip. rear susp. I am not doing it someone is doing it for me, Mike P. I am not using f-250 pack. If someone can host some pic let me know. Thanx

·
Registered
10 Posts
i used the stock toyota rear leafs minus the overloaders and the second shortest leaf.

they seem to flex well but i get some rear axle wrap but will be installing a single traction bar here soon

·
Registered
135 Posts
68bullit said:
i used the stock toyota rear leafs minus the overloaders and the second shortest leaf.

they seem to flex well but i get some rear axle wrap but will be installing a single traction bar here soon
Axle wrap with 1/4 elip? Do you have pic? How many links are going to your axle? My setup has three link two track bars on the each side of the axle, in the middle is a v-shape track bar.There should be no axle wrap on a 1/4 elip setup. It will be done soon and I will post pic.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts