does the calmini1.6 tracker
adapter plate work???
any links or info would be great

------------------
88 samurai

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
From what I know Swift only came out with the 1.3 liter.
A popular swap is the 1.3 Swift TwinCam into a Sammi or a 1.6 litre from Sidekick/Tracker.

------------------
If you didn't roll it, you havn't tried hard enough!

·
Registered
61 Posts
So you have the 1600cc 16valve single cam GLX 4dr Swift motor .......that is a great little power plant the only difference for dropping it in a Sammy is the distributor comes out like any of the other front wheel drive Suzuki motors,it comes straight out the back of the cylinder head . You will need to go about it like a GTi swap with the 1600cc adapter plate give Kevin a call at Kevins offroad . Or you can do a straight forward 1600cc swap and cut a hole thru the firewall this saves you from sliding everything forward for the distributor to work. I think the Aussys have been useing a 1600cc Mazda 323 dohc distributor cap and the wires ? Spidertracks is running that motor and they cut a hole in the firewall I've got a magazine write up on it I'll scan it for you and post it, you might want to send them a e.mail

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.