BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am aware that you can swap 1300 parts onto 1600 block. I have a 1990 samurai with fuel injection. My question is can I swap my fuel injection parts(intake, throttle body) onto the 1600(8 valve) block? I can get a 1600 8 valve motor for fairly cheap and was wondering if this was possibly. Wouldn't mind the extra power but don't want to give up the fuel injection.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Originally posted by earnie:
I am aware that you can swap 1300 parts onto 1600 block. I have a 1990 samurai with fuel injection. My question is can I swap my fuel injection parts(intake, throttle body) onto the 1600(8 valve) block? I can get a 1600 8 valve motor for fairly cheap and was wondering if this was possibly. Wouldn't mind the extra power but don't want to give up the fuel injection.
Yes the intake is the same as the 8 valve 1600cc. I have a couple of friends that have done that swap. You will have to get the adapter plate to run the stock sammy tranny though. Also a passenger side motor mount. Email me if you want anymore info.

[email protected]

------------------
87 Samurai, 92 fuel injected 1.6 ltr.,s.o.a., 5.13 r/p, birfield rings, 2" exhaust, 32/11.5 mud kings, breeze steering and missing links, 5012 up front with custom towers, toyota mr-2 seats, breeze trac bar, custom rock sliders and still going.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what are all the parts that are interchangeable between the two motors? I would like to know what I am getting into.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts