BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like everyone that makes tires with a few exceptions like Mickey T and Interco stop at 35's when it comes to 15" wheels. Why is this? I would like Geolanders or BFG's in a 37" on a 15 wheel.
Just curious...

·
1,269 Posts
The Interco and MT tires you're talking about are bias ply, as in one big heavyass chunk of rubber. This allows them to be made in sizes up to 44".

BFG and Yoko and the others make radial tires, which (until now) could only be made up to 35" safely. That is, until Goodyear started making 37r15 radials out of their military tire plant. I'd expect alot of companies will have 37 radials out by next summer if not sooner.

I don't know when Interco started making the SSR but you can get them in up to a 38" (I think) and they are a radial tire.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But will you be able to buy them here in Canada... I was just told by Big 'o Tires that you can't get the Yoko Geo's in a 35" here, only up to a 33". They don't bring them into Canada any larger then that.
Bias and radial... hmmm I should have noticed that.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well you can get the 37" Goodyear MTR's now, I have them as do some others.

Also BFG is coming out with 37" MT's soon as well.

I would get the MTR's through they are a truly awesome tire.

·
1,269 Posts
Check around to different tire shops I'm sure one of them will be able to bring a 35" Yoko in. That could just be a Yokohama thing.

FYI you can already buy 37x12.5r17 BFGs here, so I don't see why they wouldn't bring the 15" ones or the Krawlers in once they start making them.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I have heard/know that the yoko's have a soft rubber compound and they will wear out faster than the BFG or Goodyear!

·
Registered
259 Posts
i have seen 37 inch bfgs but they were on 17 inch rims, they looked damned cool and the owner of the rig said that she was happy with their performance both on and off road

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Whatever happened to Baja Claws? It seems everyone wanted them, for like a month, and now I havent seen a truck with them since then. Fad thats worn out?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan said:
Whatever happened to Baja Claws? It seems everyone wanted them, for like a month, and now I havent seen a truck with them since then. Fad thats worn out?
The expirey date on the "cool factor" lapsed... :D
I've read reviews on them and they are a solid off road tire but everything says that it's a very soft compound and they wear fast. I've been reading up alot on tires in the last little while and I think I've got my choices down to either BFG's or Yoko Geo's, if I'd have bought before I knew that I was gonna be out of work for 2 months I would have gone for the BFG's.

·
Registered
76 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just saw a pair here on a F350 crew cab, T/D, long box. Brand new, just installed, a ten on the cool factor, a one on the practical factor.
:welder:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts