BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are 16.5 rims that bad? when running at low psi. Need some help from you guys to decide if I should go with 16.5 rims or 16" rims. Also there are way more tires sizes (super swampers)in 16.5. and which is better offroad SSR's or TSL's.

--------------------------------------------
'78chevy 6" lift 14 bolt-ff tires?????

·
Registered
453 Posts
SSR's are far better off road, as for 16.5's the availability in tires is much higher, but it's easier to come along 16in rims, a well as cost is cheaper, but the cost for 16 in tires is generally more expensive. I would say to stick to 16's unless you're going for a tire larger than a 35, just because of availability and cost of 16.5's is a bit cheaper

------------------
It's notugly, it's a beautiful work in progress, and yes the rust is supposed to be there!

·
1,269 Posts
Many 16.5" rims do not have a safety lip around the outer edge of the wheel, making it easier to pop a tire off the bead.

If you do end up getting 16.5" rims, I have a buddy who is looking to sell 4 brand new 35x14.5 Super Swamper TSL SX's for $1000.

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

[This message has been edited by Big Bad Pete (edited February 24, 2002).]

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Go with the 16's because the car manufacturers have switched to whole number rims, tires will be becoming harder to find for 16.5's IMHO...and you should be able to find some used 16's easier!

------------------
Shopping List...
NP203, 15"x7-8" 5x5.5" wheels!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Do 16.5 inch rims exist in anything besides an 8 bolt rim? I have the opportunity to pick up a set of thornbirds really cheap but I don't think you can get a 16.5 inch rim in a five bolt pattern.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
15" is ur best bet.... 16.5's suck ass.............. unless you like wasting hrs of ur wheelin day rebeading ur tires....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts