BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This truck has a 6.9L diesel that dropped a valve which made a mess of the cylinder wall, piston and head. There is a 4spd behind it and the transfer case is in the box. Good windshield, driveshafts, onboard air and rear bags. I dont think it has a Sterling diff, it may be a Dana.. not sure yet. New brakes all around, crappy tires, a couple usable parts here and there besides. Tailgate is crap but i have a good solid one for the same application. Prices will be fair, you can come take the parts off or i can and then ship them to you.

The box was ordered by a BC Ford dealership but was never picked up by the customer so it sat unreturned for a while. A guy bought it, installed spray in liner and painted it red to match the truck. There is a couple spots now where some of the paint came off and there is surface rust but other than that there is NO RUST. Im looking for $1200 for the box with or without tailgate or $1500 for the whole truck and i can deliver anywhere from victoria to Kamloops to the Sask border.

A lot of the parts as many of you know will interchange from 1980 to 1998, Reply to this post or PM me with any questions. Located in Creston, BC. I am interested in doing trades if you have a 64-73 Imperial, a 66-78 Chrysler car or wagon or a 71-76 fullsize GM wagon or car in poor to fair condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do u still have the truck?

I have a 2wd 6.9L truck with a good flat deck, would u sell the truck complete minus the box?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Stupid question, Im not a ford guy usually though. I assume the front diff is a traction beam independent diff, but is it coil sprung or leafs?

I read that the diff can be bolted right into a 2wd, do u know if thats right? Mine is an 87 supercab so was thinkin of just bolting in the front diff, and then the tranny transfer case, and away I go. Id have the truck for cross members etc if needed, and might have to get an auto wrecker rear driveshaft but I dont imagin it would be that hard.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the front end is the TTB or "twin i-beam" as it was called in the older trucks. I have met a guy who was driving an 84 Supercab shortbox that was converted into a 4x4. According to him the bolt holes are already there to attatch all the 4x4 hardware but i have never tried it myself. You might be able to use the driveshaft from this truck but you may need to buy a conversion U-joint to make it work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts