BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i would like to purchase a 85 toyota pick up and was wondering if they are V6's or have a 4 cylinder engine. i would really like a V6 and i just wanted to know if they make them in that year.
thank you.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, thanks! im still gonna stick with the 1985 for the SFA. i mostly wanted the V6 for the throaty sound and power. can you put something like a glass pack on a truck with a 22R or RE? or is there anything else to make it sound more powerful?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
A friend of mine that works at the pool has a glass pack on his, I've got a glass pack on my TJ, sounds great! :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
i know what will solve all your problems, but will probably create some new ones :) 454 says it all :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now, will it make it sound sweet and powerfull? or will it sound like one of those street racers with huge mufflers and what not. i dont want my truck sounding like a suped up civic.

·
Registered
92 Posts
well its a 4 banger so its always going to have that farting sound. i have a header straight into a high flow muffler and it still sounds wimpy.

·
Registered
504 Posts
hmm, screw the sound... can it wheel???is it a truck or a celica??? priorities buddy, if you want to spend money on the exhaust get a good header. just my $.02

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya, i dont care about the sound that much anymore. but im not gonna be a hardcore 4x4er like you guys, cause i dont have the money to fix stuff. i'll mostly use it for hunting and camping and mud bogging and the odd 4x4 adventure. but nothing compared to what you guys do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts