BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,269 Posts
A V8 is a much bigger job than a cam. Personally, I'd do the cam, but if he wants ALOT more power then it may be time to ditch the 22R (or RE, which is the fuel injected version). A better exhaust system is also a good way to make more power.

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

[This message has been edited by Big Bad Pete (edited February 24, 2002).]

·
Registered
193 Posts
So it's not fuel injected? Swapping in a fuel injection system from a donor truck would be a huge boost to performance.

·
1,269 Posts
That's a pretty big job. Gas tank, computer, are the heads different? Almost better off to buy a 22RE if you're going to buy almost all of it anyways.

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yup the heads are different on a 22r and a 22re and so are a few other things I believe.That would be way to much work-If you're going to do that just switch in a new engine(22re)and then sell the 22r.

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
whoa what timing i have, im parting out my 86, you can have everything you need for a efi swap for 300 bucks, including the motor, except i blew the timing chain, but that wont matter if you plan on a rebuild.

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

1 - 6 of 6 Posts