BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure everyone knows what I'm going to ask just by looking at the title. My buddie has a 4 Runner and the electric window in the tail gate doesn't work very well. It will only go up and down sometimes, go down and not back up, it's screwed. Anybody familiar with these symptoms, any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well there I basicly had the same problem it will go up and down somtimes depending if it felt like it or not,, check your Switch first of all make sure it's grounding and and making contact the best way to do this is actually take the switch out unplug it and then usuing a test light or just a wire that is grounded prob the connecter that you just unpluged the switch fron differn't prongs will do differn't things should be on to go up and one to go down and power and such. if the window works perfectly when you prob the connector. bad switch,:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have an 85 4runner and i had the same problem. there is a limit switch for the rear wiper. so if the wiper is not fully up all of the way then the window will not work. to check to see if that is the problem you have to pull off the plastic enclosure for the wiper motor (located above the back window on the inside) look on the right handside (looking out the back) and you should see if the limit switch i depressed all of the way. if the scissor mechanism is not touching thisyoucan bypass it by pressing the switch down and get anybody to roll the window up all of the way. now get them to hit the wiper switch the wiper should set it self back to the original position.

i found that my wiper wouldsowly work its way down and i would have to spend 5 min fixing it everyday. quick fix remove the wiper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts