BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Met a rock i didn't like and have decided its time sell. I bought this truck on this forum many years ago:

Great off-road manual land rover with custom galvanized roof rack, and bumpers, new break lines, re-machined engine with low km, Bridge-stone revo duelers LT235/85R16, inverter, CB, upgraded shocks.

Needs repair of Diff cover, front right panel, front right radius arm and front bumper needs to be straightened.

$2,000 (Firm) for Full truck or will part out if no interest.

Located in Metchosin, contact Sean 604-910-8039 if interested.

Note: Roof tent is not for sale.

Pics on UsedVictoria.com if the image upload does not work for me: http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/11190694

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
forwarded to a buddy who is looking for a truck. how much work to repair the diff? front or rear?
Diff repair is fairly easy, pull the 3rd, grind off the old cover & weld on a new H/D one. Have seen it done b4 without pulling the 3rd but you need to cut the cover off first without using a grinder then pack the diff with rags before cleaning it all up. Don't want any nice grinding dust in them gears.

Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cody1771, it's the front Diff, here's another pic, not so close-up, where you can see the steering guard took a nice hit and twisted (still clutching a fern). Luckly i was ale to get it into the barn before it leaked everywhere.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: 1996 Land Rover Discovery $2000

tell me about the motor work done to it....
how many kms on it?
how many kms on the motor since rebuild? Im guessing head work?
Shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
shoobear,

One of the piston sleaves had slipped and i had the engine removed and machined for a new one, as it is hard to buy sleaves from LR, gasket replaced, new, clutch plate, breaklines, rear stub axel, etc. I will see what bills i can find and get a detailed list together. The Truck has 226K, and I had the engine work done about 40K ago (I'll check and comfirm).

Regards,
Sean

Just put up some more Damage pics here: http://web.mac.com/sean2e/disco/index.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.