BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the hubs on a 1999 f250 auto engaging in four high?

And are they manual engaging in four low?

This is what i have been told, I am trying to find out if the HUBS are working correctly.

THANX;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
It really depends... You can get the f250 with/ or with out autolocking hubs. When you take it out of 2wd amd put in 4 hi they lock, and when you are in 4 lo they are locked. They recamend that you lock the hubs if you are going to be driving in reverse wether 4hi or 4 lo.

So after confusing you with the above... They lock automaticly when taken out of 2wd...

Jay

·
Registered
616 Posts
If you have the ESOV (push button 4x4) then you will have vacuum activated automatic hubs with a manual override to lock them. A common problem is that the vacuum line falls off or cracks and 4x4 won't engage. If you push the 4x button and you can still turn the drive shaft then the t-case isn't shifting; but if you can't turn the front shaft by hand when in 4x then you have a problem with the hubs not engaging. If the vacuum system is working and you can't manually engage the hubs and taking them apart and cleaning and lubing them doesn't fix the problem then I'd recommend going to Warn premium manual hubs because you can buy 2 of them for the price of one Ford hub.

JP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.