BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a 2.8 swap in my 83 ranger for the weak 2.3 l. I was wondering about bolt patterns, bellhousing, wiring, andf any problems i would have with the swap...if anyone can help me, id appreciate it alot. thanks....email [email protected]

------------------
Randy "Memphis" Ranger
I wasn't STUCK!!!!!!...I was TRACTIONALLY CHALLENGED

·
Registered
898 Posts
Just let me know when you're in town, and want to stop by. I have a few 2.8's out back (in need of head gaskets and some TLC) as well as a couple of trannies that were bolted to 2.3's for comparison. I also have a heavily rednecked (and somewhat beefy) 2.8 in Broncenstein for ideas of what will (or won't) work for ya.

------------------
Blue coyote
"Broncenstein" is:
chopped 84 BII
(early model Navigator)
6" lift, 32's
4.10's w. rear l/s

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was talking to tyou earlier abou the 2.3 for my ranger...but i have justt acquired a 2.8, dou have any of the ignition system from the stang'II or pinto, i will need to pick that up sooner or later if i get this thing in motion, its hard when your new at it all trying to sort things out and teach yourself..but you guys help me out alot...i appreciate the patience.

------------------
Randy "Memphis" Ranger
I wasn't STUCK!!!!!!...I was TRACTIONALLY CHALLENGED

·
Registered
898 Posts
I might have a spare distributor and brain-box kicking around (finding them among the rest of my parts is another story, however...)
I'll keep my eyes open while I'm sorting and cleaning.

------------------
Blue coyote
"Broncenstein" is:
chopped 84 BII
(early model Navigator)
6" lift, 32's
4.10's w. rear l/s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.