BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 86 with 2.8/a904/np228 am. this is the one with the flip switch for 4x4 and the lever for 4L
donor is 84 with 4.3/th350? so he said/ np207 this is single stick for all modes

can i swap the TC's so i dont have to change the axle?? i cant find much online about it, well nothing definitive. i dont care really what style i shift into 4whl. i just want the least amount of work

thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
You are trying to go from a 60 degree angle v-block engine to a 90 degree angle v-block engine.....you need to change the parts that hook the tranny to the engine (bell housing and not sure what else). The much easier switch is to change from 2.8 l V6 to the 3.1 l V6 or the 3.4 l V6, both of which are the same 60 degree block ,and both of which bolt up to your tranny. Both also offer more power....some versions, a lot more power. 4xBob

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
anything special or custom needed to swap the 2.8 for the 4.3? like mounts? curious and just realized if the 4.3 is an easy swap then how much harder could it be to stick a V8 in *L*.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the engine mount were custom i believe, and to put in a v8, it would be better to get 90+, because the engine bay is longer, but you might be able to fit it. the crossmember bolt holes wont line up properly (more welding), i put in a 2" square tube space to lower the shaft angle. i dont know if the headers were custom or not i didnt do them. they are very close to the steering shaft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts