BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at Gemini Jeep in Langley today. Asked about the 2" shackles they have for sale. I forgot to ask if you have to extend anything like steering or brake lines?

------------------
92 Mazda 2600i,31" BFG All Terrains,Cobra CB.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I wouldn't get the 2" ones. The most you should do on shackle lift is probably 1"

------------------
90 XJ traded it for
91 YJ stolen, replaced with
92 YJ

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey if you want an 1 1/4" shackle lift i have 4 shackles for sale.i bought them for $60 a pair so how bout $80 for the all obo.
if you get the chance , you should get greasable shackles, they are way better.

G

·
I'm running the 1 1/4" shackle lift. The only problem I've encountered is that the dig in and scrape on obstacles that are too steep. the added leverage did break a leaf spring once but I think I'm more aware of where they are now and I can avoid them altogether.

------------------
High Country Explorers
Red YJ 4" lift
"I hope that was the skidplate"
www.members.home.net/ichris4x4/index

·
Registered
22 Posts
i too broke a spring, that is why i took mine off. the only way i would put them back on is if i had some other form of suspension lift
first.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys i guess i should of mentioned that the shackles were for my girlfriends jeep. The lift would be more for looks and some softcore wheelin'. Would they be ok for that?

------------------
92 Mazda 2600i,31" BFG All Terrains,Cobra CB.

·
Registered
8 Posts
AFAIK the lift shackles will mess up the caster. Not that I noticed since when I bought my jeep it came with them on, they are about 1" of lift from what I can tell.

I don't like them. But I have to deal with them for a while.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have 2" shackles..........
I wouldn't recommend them without changing your shackle hangers; they will sway back and forth when driving with the stock hangers - feels very unsafe!
Not bad for off-road though - can't notice very much movement.

------------------
1982 CJ7
4" Skyjacker lift, 2" Shackles, 33" Mudkings, skipping CD player

1 - 9 of 9 Posts