BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY EVERYONE, IM THE GUY WAITING ON THE REPLY ABOUT THE TIRE SIZE ON THE 2000 DODGE DAKOTA 4X4. I have another question what are the largest tires that can be mounted on a 2000 JEEP WRANGLER ? I KNOW SOME WILL KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS. OH YEA NOW I AM DRIVING A 1999 S10 4X4 WITH THE 4.3 AUTO TRAN LOADED BUT AM TRYING TO DECIDE ON A 2000 DAKOTA OR A 2000 WRANGLER ANY COMMENTS WELCOME. THANKS,JDS

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
With your two choices, gotta ask, what are you going to use the vehicle for? If you need the cargo box, the TJ will not due.

The largest tires on a stock TJ is 31x10.5
With a 2 inch lift you can fit 32s
with a 4 inch lift you can fit 33s

Wes

·
Registered
102 Posts
if you want off road capability (seeing as you're on a 4x4 page) there's not many a vehicle out there that can beat a TJ.
f you need the cargo room get the truck...jeeps have no room for anything!
If you just wanna look cool with "big tires" get whatever comes in the prettiest color.

33's have been squeezed on a stock TJ...but it looks stupid as hell
I'd say the same could be done on a dakota...they come with 31's (one pulled up beside me the other day and i just looked at his tire size)...it looked like he had a bit of room.

remember...manufaturers put the ideal size tire on the vehicle when they are made.

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Registered
396 Posts
FYI,

I have a 1999 Dakota and so does a buddy of mine. He put on 32" X 11.5" and they fit fine and look way better than my stock 31"X10.5". His tires only rub slightly when he is backing down hill and turning sharp at the same time (very slightly.) One word of caution tires this wide this truck make for some interesting situations in the snow. i have pizza cutters (7.00RX15)for the winter that are double studded and they make a huge difference.

BTW - I have the V6 and it gets 21.5 to 22.5 MPG on the Highway and 17.5 to 18.5 MPG in town. My buddys V8 gets about 12 MPG around town but the same as me on the highway.

I have a CJ as well and if you just need transportation I would say get the TJ. Way more fun, get a hard top.

Good luck with your decision.

WW

------------------
1983 CJ5, 8274, 3" lift, 235/85R/16, OBA.
1984 Chev 3/4 ton 4X4
1999 Dodge Dakota 4x4. The dragon's truck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts