BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Dont know, how do you get in and what does it cost?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can visit www.jeepjamboreecanada.com or call them ( phone number on website). There's lots of info on the website.

This year's cost is CAN$215 plus tax / person. I've already registered a couple of weeks ago.

Keno
'99 WJ

·
Registered
722 Posts
I will be going if I can get my Jeep ready and trail test it a week before then. Are you thinking of going? Big Jeepin' is also considering going if I go. The people I'll be going up with are leaving 2 days before cause they're trail guides. If I go, it'll be nice to have someone to drive up with. I'm also from the Vancouver area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
agent scully said:
I will be going if I can get my Jeep ready and trail test it a week before then. Are you thinking of going? Big Jeepin' is also considering going if I go. The people I'll be going up with are leaving 2 days before cause they're trail guides. If I go, it'll be nice to have someone to drive up with. I'm also from the Vancouver area.
Sounds great! It's about time I meet some ppl from the bc4x4 board:D

I'm heading up on the 25th with one of the guys from the lionsgaters' 4x4 club. Apparently registration and vehicle inspection start on the 25th from 5pm - 8pm. Driver's meeting starts at 8:30am on the 26th.

It would be great to have a group drive up together. Let me know if you will be going up then.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Where's everyone staying? From the website I take it it's a hotel thing. No camping?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rude said:
Where's everyone staying? From the website I take it it's a hotel thing. No camping?
There's an accomodations list you can ask them to fax to you.

I booked at the Inn at Apex Mountain. Figured a hot shower would be nice after a long day in the trails. I believe there are designated camp sites/areas.

Call them and ask :) 1-888-678-JEEP The people there are really nice and helpful.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Okay so I check out the website and decide to sign up just for kicks.

Doh! Aparently my Jeep is not equipped well enough to participate in Jeep Jamboree!

On the required equipment list are skidplates. I e-mailed the powers that be to ask if skidplates are really a requirement and tried to explain that I've been through bigger boulders than they could possibly throw at me and I've never had skidplates.

They e-mailed me back and said that a skidplate under the transfer case and the gas tank are a requirement to participate in Jeep Jamboree.

Ironic I think, that there are millions of Jeeps out there that would not be allowed to participate in an event that is promoted to be suitable for Jeeps of every varitety just because the factory didnt put a piece of tin under the gas tank and transfer case of them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
keno said:

I booked at the Inn at Apex Mountain. Figured a hot shower would be nice after a long day in the trails. I believe there are designated camp sites/areas. .

Believe me you'll apreciate that shower, and a dry place to sleep if it rains. (Exactly both last year) Not to mention not having to drive all the way back into town for a campsite at the end of a long dusty/soggy day.

See ya'll there!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Dan said:

Ironic I think, that there are millions of Jeeps out there that would not be allowed to participate in an event that is promoted to be suitable for Jeeps of every varitety just because the factory didnt put a piece of tin under the gas tank and transfer case of them.
Dan, what kind of Jeep do you drive? I'm guessing it's a xj or zj, cause all yjs and tjs come with factory skids for the tcase and tank.

Plus when you go up there, they don't even look under your Jeep. They're more concerned with front hooks so they can tow someone out if they get stuck.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Yep, its an XJ. Since the drivetrain is mounted much higher and flat with the bottom of the Jeep they figured we didnt really need skidplates.

Which I havent needed so far.

So where did the $125 cost come from? The website says $215

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like some of you have done the jamboree before... any trails and/or trail guides you can recommend?

I'm thinking about arriving around 4pm or so. If we leave around noon, that will be fine.

However, if any of you are interested in leaving earlier - I was thinking of cutting to Princton thru the Tulameen. Just a thought for now.

Ken
'99 WJ

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Unless things have changed the "requirement" for skids is just to cover their butts.

Heck, the year I was there they let dozens of rigs in without tow hooks.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Chris S said:
Unless things have changed the "requirement" for skids is just to cover their butts.

Heck, the year I was there they let dozens of rigs in without tow hooks.

Yeah, once you get up there, they won't be turning you away. Cause you just drove a million miles to be there.:D

·
Registered
722 Posts
keno said:
Sounds like some of you have done the jamboree before... any trails and/or trail guides you can recommend?

Trails depend on how equipped your Jeeep is, there are descriptions and ratings on all the trails at the registration.
Trail guides are all great, but you'll want to stay away from trails that Arnold aka Outkast is guiding.:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hey I wanna come!!!

Anyone heading down from the North (Prince George or the like)???

I'm going backpacking the week before so I may have to cut that trip short...

how much is a room at that resort???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts