BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
considering one here is offering a D60 and 10.25 for 800 including all linkage and springs and ubolts etc doesn't look to good for you.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No to be rude, but there is a 20 year difference between his and my axles (tone rings, abs, traction control, disk brakes ect). Which is why the price is that much higher. Hopefully you will clean your comment when you realize the difference.

Other than that, thanks for the free bump.

Lance

·
Registered
299 Posts
hate to burst your bubble but his front 60 is a king pin axle. highly desirable over your ball joint unit bearing one. abs wont mean much for someone putting this in truck not currently equipped with abs.

and to give you an idea of costs... I found a 2002 hp dana 60 complete minus calipers for $240 and a 2006 sterling 10.5 complete minus gears and carrier for $100, I got shit lucky but I think yours might be priced a bit high for most peoples tastes on here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hate to burst your bubble but his front 60 is a king pin axle. highly desirable over your ball joint unit bearing one. abs wont mean much for someone putting this in truck not currently equipped with abs.

and to give you an idea of costs... I found a 2002 hp dana 60 complete minus calipers for $240 and a 2006 sterling 10.5 complete minus gears and carrier for $100, I got shit lucky but I think yours might be priced a bit high for most peoples tastes on here.
You may be right as I'm coming to understand.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
autowrecker prices are about 800-1000 each with 90 day warranty...... they don't care how long the axle sits out in the lot under the truck either.....

·
Registered
299 Posts
they are still strong as fuck though, im planning on running minimum 37's hopefully 40's under mine. free bump for you.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
the '05 and up use stronger unit bearings too. they will handle 40's no problem.

there are a lot of guys with 6.0's pushing 1000 ft lbs of torque with 37's and no problems.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
the '05 and up use stronger unit bearings too. they will handle 40's no problem.

there are a lot of guys with 6.0's pushing 1000 ft lbs of torque with 37's and no problems.
Oh wow...stronger unit bearings and some ball joints too...

IIRC KP 60 with actual wheel bearings can handle 40's too...LOL

Ya bout the only good thing is the coil spring setup, and ABS if that's yer thing...otherwise they are just another BJ/UB solid axle...

They will sell for what the market demands...if market demands lower price and OP is willing to go there they will sell...

I for one as much as I want to sell some things...won't settle for less than value of product in a regular market not a depressed market where ...

buyers with little cash offer that to sellers needing (and getting little) cash thus creating the lower prices of highly valued items! This is not a win win situation

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They will sell for what the market demands...if market demands lower price and OP is willing to go there they will sell...

I for one as much as I want to sell some things...won't settle for less than value of product in a regular market not a depressed market where ...

buyers with little cash offer that to sellers needing (and getting little) cash thus creating the lower prices of highly valued items! This is not a win win situation
Well put, it does drive the market down, thank goodness I'm not needing. Hear that lowballers. Lol

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Well put, it does drive the market down, thank goodness I'm not needing. Hear that lowballers. Lol
People who settle for less than what the TRUE value is of something depreciate the market for those who KNOW what the value is....sux but it has a negative effect on the economy not a positive one like people think by creating sales....

Imagine selling houses well below value...would the sellers be happy? NOPE buyers would...good deal is when BOTH parties do ok!

My original point was just this...LOW ballers are fucking these sales royally and your price though high would not sell here for your asking price likely....but I know you built some wiggle room in there ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts