BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is the wifes truck it make one hell of a grinding noise while driving it's the 4x4 not disengaging all the way could someone please tell me if the gears look "ok" enough for now or should I replace them all or just one or whatever...
Also the 4x4 solenoid pic is this the only one in the truck..? Its got 4 vacuum lines coming out of it as you can see..I tested the drivers side actuator & theres no movement @ all while truck is running & switching into 4x4 nothing & shutting it off...

Please help if you can
Peace..

·
Registered
63 Posts
The bottom pic you showed is not your 4x4 solenoid. The hubs use vacum to actuate. Look on the passenger side by the firewall there is a vacum solenoid, quite often they get water in them and only work halfassed causing the ft axles not to fully disengage.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes thank you I see that now with further inspection...Its got nothing to do with the vacuum lines or solenoid or actuators I've taken the entire thing apart so it must be the shifter on the transfer case..Grrrrr
But what I dont understand is when I bypass the solenoid & put vacuum directly to the actuators I still dont get suction @ the lines to them..How the hell can that be their straight air lines..I was thinkin their might be check valves also on those lines as well but I couldnt find them..
Thanks Guys..!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.