BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really interested in making my 84 22R into the fuel injected 22RE. Was wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the Help.

Jeff

·
1,269 Posts
You'd probably be better of getting a complete 22RE and swapping that in. Sorry if that's not too helpful!

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by Jehu:
I'm really interested in making my 84 22R into the fuel injected 22RE. Was wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the Help.

Jeff
Snowboarders, watch out for Jehu!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
all you need is the harness, computer and intake/mass air and a camshaft. you have to be carefull of the years though, if yours is pre '85 then stick with a pre '85, things changed in these years, front cover change and deck height, also dished piston to flat tops. while your at it , good idea to go dbl row chain....they are steel backed even from your local parts store!!!just remember youll need the shorter oil pump drive too

------------------

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I have found a 2 wheel drive 22RE toyota pick truck that was made in nov./83 that had efi, so I will be transplating anything that I need to put onto my sep./83 built toyota 22R 4wheel drive pick-up. Got a Real great deal on it, nice guy.

If anybody can still give me more hints and tricks it will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. edilonzo Nice red Toy.

Thanks Jeff

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
i read in offroad.com that when guyX did his swap he clipped all non engine related stuff out o the harness he swappend in. DONT DO IT
i had to spend 300 bucks to get the right year harness for my engine, leave it alond and just use it for the engine controll and use your exitsing harness for the lights etc.

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/89 efi/8.5" lift/5:29+elocker/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

·
Registered
504 Posts
haha, i cut all the **** outta mine, no problems so far, just gotta know what your cutting

------------------
'81 yota, bobbed flt dck,22re,marlin,5.29,coils,locked and more

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.