BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an 83 with a 22r my friend rolled his truck with a 22re just rebiult has anyone tryed it because i would kinda want to do that

------------------
1983 yota bondo job 6'trail master lift, short box, lotsa lights, good frame! 35" dunlops...want 33' muds
Gotta Love Standing on the back bumper!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know quite a bit the only thing i have problems with is the electrical

------------------
1983 yota bondo job 6'trail master lift, short box, lotsa lights, good frame! 35" dunlops...want 33' muds

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
its not actually all that hard, just time consuming, as for the electrical, not to much work, mainly plugs and grounds, and a few splices.
you'll need the underhood wiring harness, all the relays, mass air-flow sensor, fuel tank, ignitor/coil and the underdash wiring and computer. basically use the efi harness for the engine and the 83 harness for the lights etc.
also using the dash/gagues from the efi greatly simplifyies the swap.
email me if you have any further questions. i finished the swap last week.

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is coming Form a kid that drinks Piant thinner and eat paint chips

------------------

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
hey sue no actually i still have a few hoops left before i get it on the road.... ie VI, because i bought it with no motor. icbc bastards. and bolting the gastank down, exhaust work etc, but its coming along quickly.

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

1 - 8 of 8 Posts