Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ..

got to work on the wheels and stance today ..

New fenders with my big fat rollers

they fit awesome , but I wont be able to stuff them up in there .. just to close .. so I tried out some 5" back spacing wheels .. closer , but still not what I want

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my first bend with my new bender :)
2" OD Sced 40 120 wall

It's actually going to be my bend tool .. so I'm going to try out my powder coating as well with powdercoating it and saving it

I have to still "draw" up my tube work in my solidworks software so stay tuned .. STOKED !!

·
Registered
82 Posts
what kind of bender do you have/how much was it/where can I get one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
great looking build!

there is a fellow on the 1stgentcelica board doing 1977 2wd drive aswell, sc400 drive train and the whole truck will be 15" wider.

loved the trekker build and now watching this one.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
prepping the inner rockers for the new body mounts .. I of course found rust :( .. so now I have to fix that first .. I was really surprised , this cab was in awesome shape no rust at all , or so I thought .. just goes to show you , even if you think you have no rust .. you probabally do !!

undercoating wire wheeled off , and looking great

and cut out rust !!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey Corey, looks good! Glad to see you're finally able to get back on the 2WD build. It's been a while. Can't wait to see the progress.

·
Registered
737 Posts
My 76 toy 2wd is getting the same treatment this winter I hope ... so ill probably steal a few ideas if you don't mind

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Corey, looks good! Glad to see you're finally able to get back on the 2WD build. It's been a while. Can't wait to see the progress.
Thanks Sean .. hope all is good with you ..
decals on ? i dont see a pic in your build thread !!

My 76 toy 2wd is getting the same treatment this winter I hope ... so ill probably steal a few ideas if you don't mind
Mr_trucks ... no worries .. thats why I'm postin' it up !!

1 side done .. and ready

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thanks Sean .. hope all is good with you .. decals on ? i dont see a pic in your build thread !!
Hey Corey, not on yet. I need to get it clean first! Out wheelin' tomorrow. Maybe after that.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cool .. looking forward to some pics on your build thread

also got the drivers side cleand and prepped this weekend

and :( .. drivers side has rust as well

I think to be safe , i'm going to cut it all out .. front and back rocker area , and strengthin both sides before I build the body mounts
and just for some giggles ..
heres the pile of removed edging and ground steel ..

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so over the last week , I have been building my repair panels and today I was able to get them burnt in , rears as well

now with the rockers repaired , I was able to get the cab height finalized @ 9" from the rockers to the Ground . + I also started on the cab mounts
Because there are only going to be 4 mounts instead of 6 , I wanted to make sure there were going to be strong .
cut out some 3/16" plate and surrounded it with some tube

Tacked into place I will add some more supports later , when I turn the frame over .

1 more front frame mount tomorrow , then I can get on the front cab mount

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and cab side mount

Bent up some 1/2" solid stock with the 3/16" plate . as well as a "fish plate" for the cab side , 1/2" stock actually goes threw the fish plate for a stronger "plug" weld , and a toyota stock body mount bushing , I now have the front mounted

and now the front of the cab is mounted
still have some supports and final welding to do when I can turn over the frame , but for now it's good to go

also .. the cab now has it final "stance"

acetone can for referance ....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts