BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone do this, any problems? i was thinking about when im just drivin around to throw a U-bolt on the end of the half leaf?

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
i thought about doing the same thing... or having a pin and a c-chanel so that it would be easy to eliminate the 3/4 eliptical or activate it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did the 3/4E setup for a while.. i didnt like it, didnt impress me at all.. i got the same amount of flex out of my s10 springs.. not to mention the wheel hop...

but back to the topic.

I ran it on the road, no pins,, rode like a CAddy...

Pimpin aint easy

·
Chump
624 Posts
D.O.A said:
I did the 3/4E setup for a while.. i didnt like it, didnt impress me at all.. i got the same amount of flex out of my s10 springs.. not to mention the wheel hop...

but back to the topic.

I ran it on the road, no pins,, rode like a CAddy...

Pimpin aint easy
Pimpin aint easy, but necessary

I run the 3/4E in my not so daily driver, I would drive it everyday if i had to. I use S10 leafs with an old lifted Toyota spring as the half leaf. I went from stock springs wrapped over a very stiff overload leaf to this and it is an awesome ride, no wheel hop yet.

http://members.shaw.ca/toy4wd/springswap/testing2.jpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
ya, i do.
chevy 64's for the main pack, 1/2 a toy rear main for the buggy. the buugy leaf lies flat against the frame normally. the only time there is any difference, is on a quick start from a standstill. the axlewrap causes the shackles to drop away from the frame a couple inches, although i have no problem with axlewrap off-road or wheel hop. i originally ran them unlocked for over a year. ended up locking them out by drilling a hole through the buggy leaf near the shackle and into the frame and inserting a 3/8" bolt and wingnut.
youll need longer shackles so that they dont invert and jam. also, rather than welding or bolting the spring to the frame, use stock short u-bolts and a u-bolt plate from the drivers side of the front axle. they are the perfect length and width. ive found no need to use any centering pin. using u bolts allows you to play around with the position.
i find it wortwhile. gives me about 8"-10" of extra droop.

·
Registered
207 Posts
workin on it :) who knows, might have it done today :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts