BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some advice on doing this swap. Has anyone done it or a similar one and if they have what kind of drivetrain did you use? What was your rear drive snaft length and angle like? Please help.

·
Registered
397 Posts
earnie, this has been done a million times. The 350 is probably the most swapped-in engine around, in Jeeps especially.

Trouble is, I don't have any links to 350 swap writeups, since my experience has been with the Ford 5.0L. Maybe some of the other listers have something.

As for the rest of the drivetrain, the SM420 and SM465 4-spd transmissions bolt up, as does the NV4500 5-spd. For automatics, I think the best bet is the 700R4 (?). There's a bunch of transfer case options as well, depending on which tranny you pick.

With all the snortin' V8 power, an axle upgrade will also be a good idea. Dana 44s or 60s are a good starting point.

The easiest way to get all this stuff is probably to buy a complete Blazer or pickup with a 350, and swap everything into the Jeep. Measure the length of the whole engine/gearbox package and make sure it's shorter than what's in the Jeep, and you're set.

Chris

------------------
See my Jeep's website:
www.bc4x4.com/chrisw

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.