BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to put a 350 in my 86 toy pickup what are all the parts i need and i'm also putting a 4" lift and 35s on so will i need different gears aswell

thanks for the information

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think I might've seen you driving on 97 the other day. Is your truck the one with the chrome rollbar and all the lights? And was that dual exhaust I saw? What engine do you have in your truck right now?

Oh yeah, and a guy named mudrunner just did the whole 350 conversion about a month ago or so, so he'd be the one to talk to.
------------------
88 4runner, 22RE with some minor stuff done to it

[This message has been edited by burnt03 (edited March 07, 2002).]

·
1,269 Posts
I can't tell you what parts you're going to need, but 4.10 gears are perfect for a 350 so if you do the motor at the same time as the tires then that shouldn't be a problem. Definetly check out mudrunner or callan's trucks to get an idea of what's involved in the swap.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well your welcome to come look at mine with a 305 in it to get an idea if you want.I would not waste the money buying all the adapters.If you want to run toy t-case then I would only get that one the rest of stuff you could make.Anyways if you want to look at it post back here.Actullay today later this evening or tomorrow would work seeing as am off work or next wensnday to friday when I'm off work.

------------------
"Born and Bred To Rip and Shred"

·
Registered
416 Posts
Oh yeah with the 350 you won't have to change your gears to run 35s I do have 5.29s but am planning on running 38s.Also with the 4" lift you will have an easier time doing the exhuast.Mudrunner went to 3 different shops or more before he could get exhuast made with out an 4" lift.

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
I know I should have done as one post but ah well.

Parts needed:

-th350,th400
-203 or 205 tcase or toy one and adapter
-Hugger headers or ram horns
-rad biggest dia 26widex21deep
-trancooler
-electric fan or fans(pickapart)
-electric fan switch to turn fans on off at ceartain temp(lordco)
-Chev drive shafts same dia as toy(wreckers)
-automatic shifter
-chev or toy alt
-chev or toy powersteering pump
-little bits rad hose,gas line,hose clamps bolts etc.

Thats all I can think of now but will probally come up with more stuff later.

------------------

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh, on the exhaust thing. For my 4.3 I got it done at Speedy Exhaust on the highway, right by rocky mountain fitness, accross from london drugs. It's 2" dual, cost $400. Really tight job, looks good-took the guy 3 hours.

------------------
Just because the next guy has frosted tips, an earing, and a jeep doesn't mean you have to!
89 Toy p/u, locked rear, 4.3l on propane, still ifs. Work in progress

·
Registered
416 Posts
My 21\4" exhaust cost the same except form Jerry's Muffler.I had suspension lift which made it easeier but still also took 3hours to do.

------------------

·
Registered
45 Posts
my buddy is selling the bolt-in motor mounts, advance adaptor headers, and 700r4 to toy transfercase adaptor in the for sale section under my name. He also has the custom 4-core rad your gonna need.These are all for a 350 conversion. He doesn't have a computer so give him a call 604-454-7329 ask for Stu.

[This message has been edited by caltow (edited March 08, 2002).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if he could wait a few months i would most likely get it but it will be gone buy the time i could get it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts