BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys would say to running 35 12.5's on a Sammy...currently I'm running 31 10.5's on 15" wheels with a breeze 6" SPOA kit...it currently has a stock motor, but i have either a 1.6 from a sidekick or a 1.3 from a 00' swift for a conversion...what would you suggest to do?? and what gearing would i have to go with?? and how much higher would i have to lift it??

Thanks in advance..

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
35's -- yes
the 1.6 is better
5.13's at least in the diffs
1-2" and a BFH will do. Personally I'd leave the lift and get the sawzall and welder out to open up those fenders to make them fit.
other stuff:
birf rings or a really light right foot (or no wheeling) would also help (especially if you are locked). A trac bar would also be a plus to keeping your 6" of lift.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Shogunator said:
35's -- yes and a really light right foot (or no wheeling)
If you wanna play on rocks, ferget it, you'll be parked more than your drivin. It'll live in mudlands, ive seen a few survive here in Ontario but they have to stay away from rock stuff. Good luck, you'll need it ! :eek:

PS Toy diffs are the key to this thread.

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
birf repair...

If you wanna play on rocks, ferget it, you'll be parked more than your drivin.
Everyone needs to learn to change a birf sooner or later, why not have fun first? :******* :rolleyes:

I've seen it hold up, it all depends on the driver and how well the vehicle is maintained. Personally I run D44's so no worries.

:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: birf repair...

Shogunator said:

Everyone needs to learn to change a birf sooner or later,

Ah yes, Dave, I have a GREAT pic of you, Rhys, and a Haynes manuel at TJ2002 doing just that!!!:eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, thanks for the info!! I'll stay with the 31's but i'll do the 1.6 swap and gears...

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
pics please!

Hey CRS,
Post that pic! That was awesome!
question from Rhys to you, "can I shoot your gun?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts