BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at buying some 35x12.50 mud tires and wanted some opinions on different kinds of tires that other people are running.
i am also thinking about a 36x12.50 swamper. ps hey arnold do you still work at kal tire?

------------------
what one sees as a dent, i see as a memory.

·
Registered
373 Posts
If you do alot of driving I would def. recomend big o mt! they have the best warranty and have a decent tread pattern...
and well if you want a kick ass tire for 4x4in I run 36x1250x15 tsl sx's!! the sidewall tread is def. worth the extra $$!!!
just my 2 pennys!

------------------
Poguebilt Toys..... A new breed of Toyota Perfection.
1986 Toyota pickup solid axle conv. 5" susp. 3"body 36" tslsx siped, 5.29's, K&N
spool rear, detroit front, 5012's, 44044's, 4cyl bored, balanced, Doug thorley header, flowmaster muffler, OTT crossover steering , u-bolt flip F/R, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what you guys are telling me is that almost no one runs 35's? i am gonna buy some tires with my tax money this weekend. so any info would be nice

------------------
what one sees as a dent, i see as a memory.

·
1,269 Posts
For the cheapass option, a 35x12.5r15 Mud King is around $180 (maybe $170 on sale). They are a little wider tread pattern than the BFGs and have one less sidewall ply. I've run them for over a year now and have had no problems with them. I'm waiting for them to wear out so I can get those nifty 37" MTRs.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
229 Posts
Big-Os have a nice warrenty and nice price to match.
I can get 35" BFG KMs for ~$170ish from the local GM dealer in PG. I can't remember exactly cause the quote I got was for 33x10r15s at $161 ea, so 35 would be a little more. At that price, who needs the Big-O warranty? If I happen to damage a tire I can afford to buy a new BFG and still be ahead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.