BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, the other one was getting way off topic!
anywase, i have orderd a 3" body lift, and it will be here tomorow. can anybody give me any tips or advice on putting it in?
also any other good mods avalable, or worth doing to these trucks?
i am thinking full blown SAS, but im going to do it myself, so if anyone has any advice for that also, would be great!

------------------
i just wrote off my 1988 toyota pick up! i need a 1990 4runner thats loaded and has neaver been in an accident!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Heh, your have a lot of research to do regarding the SAS. If you don't know how to weld, you need to learn and you need to buy a welder ofcourse. A SAS isn't as hard as it seems but you still have to be very mechanically confident.

go to http://www.allprooffroad.com

they have a full SAS kit and full instructions posted on their site.

As far as the body lift goes you will need a high lift jack. Thats really just about it (other than hand tools ofcourse). Remember to soak the body mounts in Wd-40 or liquid wrench a couple of days befor you plan on doing it. I will bet you within 1 year you will remove the body lift, or cut it down to like 1.5 inches.....everyone ends up chopping theirs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I put a 2" in mine and only had to adjust the clutch line from the fire wall to the slave silender, but with a 3" I`m sure there are a few more things to look out for

1 - 4 of 4 Posts