·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here are some pics of the LQ9 that belongs to someone in this thread :) Someone that should start another thread about their buggy project! :poke:

Driving an Escalade on bald ass tires...wonder if hydroplaning caused this wreck?

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
they only make the claw in a 20" now i think no 15s or 16s. and you want as much sidewall as possible..the boys run boggers and claws at camp this year its seemed like boggers did better. id say grooved boggers
I think they killed the 15's and 16.5's but are producing the 16's sometime at the end of this month or early next month. I've seen a couple of sets of 16.5 44'" boggers for sale in the classifieds and though about it....very interesting to hear that the 44's work better.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well is there any L92 sitting there that have good heads with no dibs on them?
They only have 1 x L92 at the yard.

·
Registered
565 Posts
FYI, Kevin Yoder had a turn key LS3 down at lands end. 630 HP. It is stroked to 440 ci and naturally aspirated.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
FYI, Kevin Yoder had a turn key LS3 down at lands end. 630 HP. It is stroked to 440 ci and naturally aspirated.
This rig? wow I would like to hear that motor!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nope, that's desert fab. Yoder was Red. It was actually a little unassuming until he tromped on it and flew off the start line.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Knowing some of the other buggies you guys were up against down there I'm surprised the lap times were as close as they were. Curtis's buggy is no slouch but 630HP? How do you compete with that in a go fast event like Lands End?

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Knowing some of the other buggies you guys were up against down there I'm surprised the lap times were as close as they were. Curtis's buggy is no slouch but 630HP? How do you compete with that in a go fast event like Lands End?
bigger balls? no brain no pain? :beer

·
Registered
565 Posts
This is Yoder.

Ya, Jon lands end is pretty laid back so we actually got to check out other peoples rigs in the Ultra4 class. Lets just say Curty and I are waaaaaaaaaay more budget then the other guys.

Attachments

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Post some pics from the event Dave!! :poke:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've got none. Our 3rd backed out the last minute and Curty and I spend most of the weekend in the truck. Where's Joey when you need him!! He was a great photo guy last year.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Took a few more tonight for ya Jon, motor is out

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Here are some pics of the LQ9 that belongs to someone in this thread :) Someone that should start another thread about their buggy project! :poke:
When did this become about my motor and not yours LOL. ok ok I got the hint. Project thread started.

Thanks for the pics Wil :cool:

·
Registered
753 Posts
6.0 with a comp cam. Your toy is too heavy to fully enjoy a 5.3 in my opinion.

Yep, my measly 4-450hp was nothing compared to the guys at Lands end. But we had a blast, next year maybe some better tires and NOS?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts