BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 81 zuk and putting in a full toy drive line but I wan't to put ford 5L in it to push some bigass tires any suggestions???

------------------
suktoy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Please make sure your life insurance premiums are paid up....... just in case
that being said you're gonna have to ditch the stock frame...... the bellhousing will not fit between them.... trust me, I know about shoehorning engines into LJ's...

------------------
only we make "the whistling sound" www.OTTindustries.com

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by AIRZUKI:
that being said you're gonna have to ditch the stock frame...... the bellhousing will not fit between them.... trust me, I know about shoehorning engines into LJ's...

Hee hee, I was thinking about a witty comeback to the question, but that one will surfice!

A 4.3L would turn your tires just fine. Other than that.....me have no wisdom...

------------------
jo-jo
http://island4x4.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by AIRZUKI:

I am working on putting a 2.8 ford motor into my samurai, and i got ahold of a v8 bellhousing with one of the transmissions that i got. There shouldn't be any problems with fitting it inbetween the frame rails. It isn't any wider than the bellhousing for a v6 chevy. It is significantly bigger than my 2.8 bellhousing. You will need to widen the trany tunnell.
i think that the 5.0 would make for an verry interesting swap, but probably be to heavy for a samurai. I don't think there would be any reason to have that much power in a little samurai, but boy would it be fun. I would do it if i thought i could make it work.

·
Registered
112 Posts
a 1981 Suzuki is a LJ80 not a samaurai ( SJ413) the frames are wayyyyyyyyyyy narrower on LJ's and a chev bellhousing will not fit. as far as the trans tunnel goes , cut the whole freakin thing out of the way, install what you want and then artfully craft some sheetmetal over it to keep the mud off you. don't try to work wihin the tiny confines of a stupid zuki size tunnel.

------------------
only we make "the whistling sound" www.OTTindustries.com

·
Registered
583 Posts
Originally posted by jo-jo:
A 4.3L would turn your tires just fine. Other than that.....me have no wisdom...

The 4.3L Chevy is wider than the 5.0L Ford

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats a real cool site so the cev. 4.3 is 425 lb and the ford 302 is 500 lb and i think the 22r must be close to 400 lb

------------------
suktoy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts