BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New project time :0)

Have: rusty old 74 cj5 w/ 304 - scout dana 44's and yj springs sitting on the floor - bits and parts for power / tilt steering.

Planning on using the scout axles full width sprung over and outboarded with the yj springs.

Also need to cut some new holes in the firewall and get some brackets for the power steering pump, box, and tilt column.

Anyone with first hand experience that can give me a heads up on pitfalls to watch for etc your input is much appreciated. Really need to get this soa, welded F&R & under it's own steam by rock crawl :0)

Also looking for a full cage if anyone has a used one sitting around as well as pump brackets for power steering and air cond pump on 304. I's gonna be nice not to need to worry about using the rig to get to work on Monday mornings. Bring it awwwwn :0)

TIA folks
Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an soa on my flatfender and I just bought some wagoneer axles to put under it. I'm also gonna outboard the yj springs and move the front ones forward 3" and the rears back 4".
What size springs are you putting on? Just wondering cause I'm trying to decide if I should go with the 2 1/2" or the 4". Athough I'm extending the wheelbase 7 inches, I'm still consirned about driveline angles and I think the 4" might be a little bit overkill but I also want to clear 38's.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoa, lotta work going on there

As I'm only concerned with fitting 35's or 36's , stock yj spring wiill work out fine. I'm not familiar enough with flatties to even think of making a suggestion on yours guy. Hope to see it when it's done though. Sounds like it'll rock

R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts