BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an 81 F150, flair side 4x4 and was wondering if anyone has used a jackall on there truck? I don't know if it is a good idea to jack from the bumper so if anyone could help me out, thanks.

Dan

------------------
Azorian Dan

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
factory bumpers are pretty weak, so jack only at the frame horns if you want them to stay pretty. an inch or two either way shouldn't be a problem either, just avoid the ends and the center.

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Captain Air Time:
factory bumpers are pretty weak, so jack only at the frame horns if you want them to stay pretty. an inch or two either way shouldn't be a problem either, just avoid the ends and the center.

Thanks for your reply. Frame horns you mean where the bumpers attach to the frame. In that area? Again thanks.

------------------
Dan

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by Azorian:
Thanks for your reply. Frame horns you mean where the bumpers attach to the frame. In that area? Again thanks.

yep. under the end of the frame, or *right* beside it. be careful, as those bumpers have a tendancy to slip sideways off the jack. if you don't mind a couple holes, a short bolt thru the lower lip of the bumper an inch or so to each side of the frame end will keep the jack from slipping, tho sometimes it is desireable to slip it on purpose, but maybe not with a pretty bumper.

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your help. I don't mind holes. After all it is a bush truck and it will get holes anyway right?

------------------
Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts