BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I've got an 84 bronco II 4x4 with a 2.8 L and I have some problems with it stalling when it is cold after it has been idleing for about 15 minutes the engine just dies. Also I was wondering what the biggest tire that I could fit under it was, all the suspension is stock. if anyone has any info for me I'd greatly appreciate it..

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by Wackston:
hi I've got an 84 bronco II 4x4 with a 2.8 L and I have some problems with it stalling when it is cold after it has been idleing for about 15 minutes the engine just dies. Also I was wondering what the biggest tire that I could fit under it was, all the suspension is stock. if anyone has any info for me I'd greatly appreciate it..
Should fit 29" tires with minor rubbing.
check your fuel filter?

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
16 Posts
29'' is probably the biggest you can go without modifications.if you add a 3'' body lift you can go with 31'' tires,if you add another 4'' suspension you can go with 33'' tires and no modifications,and if you trim youre fenders and get some cool bushwacker cut out fender flares you can even go with a set of 35'' tires,and you will need some gears,4.56. if you want big tires with out the lift,go get the fenders trimmed and throw on 31'' tires.I drive a 1988 bronco 2 with a 4'' suspension and 3'' body lift,runnin 32'' bfg mud ta km tires,still room to go bigger.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I replaced the fuel filter not to long ago, I'm gonna set the vavle gap this weekend and see if that helps, if not I'll get the carb tuned and cleaned, thanks for the tire help I heard from someone that you could fit 31's under it with no rubbing but I thought that sounded funny.

·
Registered
640 Posts
i wouldnt go any bigger than a 29 but if you put in a 3" body lift you could go a little biggeraround 31-32

------------------
84 Bronco II 302 ci. 3" body lift 4" suspension lift on 32" BFG MT's

·
Registered
189 Posts
b2 wheel wells should be the same as the same yr ranger's
which means from experience 30 9.5 15 will fit stock without rubbing also find out your new gear ratio needed starting with your existing ratio and factory tire size and formulating the tire size from there
i have gone with 5,13's from factory 4.10's with an a4ld auto which with 36 inch tires would run my speedo and rpm almost identical to factory however with those huge meats it wouldn't have the power to turn them at that rate so i have gone with 32's and a speedo gear change to recalibrate things and have found the torque and hp curve to to match the tires and gears very well .I'll probably push the limit abit and try 33 12.5's fairly soon though .my ranger runs 100kmh at 3000 rpm which i like as the 2.9 peaks it's torque at 4 g's .So take all the advice you can ,throw out most of it and figure out what works for you

p.s. this advice comes well into a doz beer and a bottle o rum
p.s.s.
t.g.i.f.

------------------
greg (lewis) jack a.k.a (King louie) jungle v.i.p give me the power of man's red flower so i can be like you

[This message has been edited by gregjack62 (edited December 08, 2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts