BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a MINT 85, EFI, red sr5 4runner, it has a mint body and a 4-5" suspension LIFT AND 32'S, it has a bush bumper in the front and coustom out back, a rack on the hard top, it was grandpa owned before him, It was rarely 4x4ed and I don't know many km's or anything else about it, I have waited for over 9 monthes without a 4runner and i need one so what should i offer, I was thinkin that anything is for sale for a price and what do you all think that this should be.

------------------
Sold 85 Toyota extra cab 4x4 2" lift 33" BFG M/T with lots of tire rub!
Wanted 84/85 4runner, needed a few more seats less rust, and a beter FRAME.

·
Registered
83 Posts
honestly, a fair price is the compromise of you being happy with what you paid and the seller being happy at the price he sold it for. Stock runners of this vintage go anywhere from 1500-5500 from what I've seen. Just be happy with what you pay for it and that makes it a good deal for you.

------------------
if it ain't broke, you don't go hard enough!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats way too much but I did manage to get him down to $7500 but still too rich for me.

------------------

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wouldn't expect him to go much lower. The problem is that that price is still way to much for that vehicle by the big brown (ICBC) book, but there are a LOT of people out their activley pursuing 85 runners willing to spend that much +.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by wade:
Stock runners of this vintage go anywhere from 1500-5500 from what I've seen.
Where have you been looking? Nowhere around the lower mainland. 84 & 85 4runners normally are priced $6000 to $9000, less if needing engine, lots of damage etc. or could cost more depending on mods.

------------------
EAT BUSH

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know of a mint stock 85 runner for 3 grand, all I gotta do is sell my car and its mine.

------------------
I got a case of beer for one mouthful of atf, pretty good deal eh.....

Underdogs bite harder

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey if anyone else knows of one for sale can you please post it here, because I don't know if the guy will want to sell it and all I got is $6500.

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts