BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k yesterday went out truck fired right ran for about 5 min went out next day and all its doing is turning over it sounds like it wants to fire up but wont tried gas down carb nuthin it did it before long time ago and all i did was mes with the battery post but does that have anything to do with it

· Registered
122 Posts
Remove the pos lead off the dist coil and chack for power there. Then move to removing the cap and check for bad contacts or moister. If alls good check for spark. After that check the batt terminals and grounds one to frame and to engine. If it still not firing leave the cap off and check to see if the rotor is turning and set pistion to #1 and refer that to when the rotor is pointing on the cap.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remove the pos lead off the dist coil and chack for power there. Then move to removing the cap and check for bad contacts or moister. If alls good check for spark. After that check the batt terminals and grounds one to frame and to engine. If it still not firing leave the cap off and check to see if the rotor is turning and set pistion to #1 and refer that to when the rotor is pointing on the cap.
i figured it out thanx though to everyone it was my ignition wire to my msd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.