BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 85 f-150 and am looking for a cheap lift for it. Anyone have a used lift or know what is the cheapest way to lift it?
thanks.

------------------
1978 International Scout II 345 cid, auto, S.O.A.,33x12.5x15 tires 36's to come!!!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by dickrick:
I just bought a 85 f-150 and am looking for a cheap lift for it. Anyone have a used lift or know what is the cheapest way to lift it?
thanks.
Cheapest way is you buy the coils you want, and then build the rest youself. next is to find a used kit (if you can). A friend of mine is selling his (84ish) F150 that has a 6" lift and new 35" BFG's for damn cheap, probably less than you'd pay for a lift. Building your own kicks ass tho!

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is he selling his truck for? I may be interested. The truck I just bought needs a Gov't Inspect.

------------------
1978 International Scout II 345 cid, auto, S.O.A.,33x12.5x15 tires 36's to come!!!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I have a 6" Skyjacker Lift with extended tubular radius arms and the 6" lift leaf packs, and all the other components. I want around $1600 for the kit, then you can run 35's easily.

------------------
78 Bronco 351M NP435 NP205, D44 and Ford 9", and all stock!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I can get a new kit for around the same money.
Originally posted by desteurm:
I have a 6" Skyjacker Lift with extended tubular radius arms and the 6" lift leaf packs, and all the other components. I want around $1600 for the kit, then you can run 35's easily.

------------------

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you decide to piece the whole thing together I have the skyjacker TTB drop brackets left over from when I did my straight axle conversion, but only these brackets, you'd still need coils, shocks, and possible radius arm drop brackets to complete it all. You can probably hunt around and get a whole used kit for not to much. My buddy recently bought a 6" used kit for his 95 F150 for around $500.

C.

------------------
80 Bronco, 6" lift, custom straight axle Dana 44 front, 4.10 gears, 9" back, 38" swampers

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
MAybe $500 for a no name kit with radius arm drop brackets and lift blocks in the back!

Good Luck

------------------

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Originally posted by CGBronco:
If you decide to piece the whole thing together I have the skyjacker TTB drop brackets left over from when I did my straight axle conversion, but only these brackets, you'd still need coils, C.

I have a set of lift coils that should work

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, Slightly Wrinkled. 2" body lift, 3" front lift blocks, 6 non functional Super Offroader lights.

·
Registered
195 Posts
4" SUSPENSION and 3" body lift kits, off 96 F150 extended cab $400. Vernon. Vernon Tel: 250-558-1603

From the Buy and Sell

------------------
James King
95 F150 4"lift on 33's..
4.10's Auburn Posi
3" no cats exhaust...MSD
Surrey B.C.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Hey there sparky, aren't the spring rates different for extended and and reg cab short boxes? Like I say, no name kit, radius arm drop brackets, and lift blocks...extended tubular radius arms are like $400 US brand new! And leafs are at least $250 CDN, and then add the rest off the kit!

------------------

·
Registered
195 Posts
It all depends how much money people have to spend....And what they want.....Dont you think you are going to have to drop your price for your lift??? $1600 is a bit much considering its used...Cmon give some BC4X4er a deal!!!!

------------------
James King
95 F150 4"lift on 33's..
4.10's Auburn Posi
3" no cats exhaust...MSD
Surrey B.C.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I will take any REASONABLE OFFER, it is not a no name budjet kit, and I wont give it away for nothing. If anyone has some 35's on wheels that they want to trade or some other stuff I will consider a swap, but other than it is priced @ 16hun!

------------------

·
Registered
302 Posts
Half ton springs come in two rates - low to mean, and mean to high. they are usually different between engine types (ie the six is low to mean, and the bigger V8s 351M and W are mean to high) this may not apply to newer vehicles but it does to 80-86 (maybe earlier) and will get a "lttile six" equipped rig a SMALL ( about 1" ) lift if you use the higher rate springs. During this time period the Spring rates WERE actually different between the regular and extended cab vehicles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts