BC 4x4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could really use some advice. I took my truck in for inspection. They gave me a list if problems. All of which have been resolved except this one. Passenger side Lower ball joint is stuck. I researched this a lot. Upper ones came out with pickle fork. Lower drivers side came out with a 3 jaw puller. I put the 3 jaw puller on the lower passenger side and the centre pushing bolt bent badly so I scrapped it. Tried the pickle fork but it bottoms out. Tried a pitman arm puller but it eventually slips off. At this point I can take off the Lower control arm with two bolts and have the bolt from the ball joint pressed out. Or I could try some ideas from u guys. Smaller pickle fork? Ball joint separator kit? If I do take off the lower control arm do I need to Worry about marking bolts so they go back to same amount of turns etc? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Ball joint tools. If you don't want to buy them Canadian Tire has it in their loan a tool program.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Sounds good. I will buy a kit. Thanks for the speedy reply

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my dad came over for a beer last night. I showed him my issue. he put the pitman arm puller on. then put a c clamp on the jaws of the puller so they would not spread apart and slip off. then once medium pressure was applied with the pitman arm puller he gave the casting a love tap with the 4 pound hammer and it popped right out. also a guy came buy and bought my camper van that I had been trying to sell for a year and he paid full asking price. good day.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Excellent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts