BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a '86 F-150 with a 4 speed and 302. I was curious as to what the biggest tire I could use without lifting it would be? I also would like to get some offset rims. What offset could I get to stick them out the most? I was thinking of running 32x11.50R12LT Wild Country MT's on A cheap 15x8 or maybe a 10.It will be a daily driver slash mudslinger.I like the coolness factor of a swamper and the looks of a thornbird, but I also would like around 30,000+ miles out of the tire. It curently has 235/75/r15 on Factory 15x7's(?). I also like the Cavalier Mud Kings by BFG. I will probaly order from 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers or from National Tire and Wheel.

Thanks
DH, TN

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by Deerhunter:
I am about to purchase a '86 F-150 with a 4 speed and 302. I was curious as to what the biggest tire I could use without lifting it would be? I also would like to get some offset rims. What offset could I get to stick them out the most? I was thinking of running 32x11.50R12LT Wild Country MT's on A cheap 15x8 or maybe a 10.It will be a daily driver slash mudslinger.I like the coolness factor of a swamper and the looks of a thornbird, but I also would like around 30,000+ miles out of the tire. It curently has 235/75/r15 on Factory 15x7's(?). I also like the Cavalier Mud Kings by BFG. I will probaly order from 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers or from National Tire and Wheel.

Thanks
DH, TN
TN, geez thats a long way from Sooke....

You can fit 33's ok I think. I have an 85 F250 with 33's and with a load in the bed they rub a little but without a bed full of wet sand are ok.
Tires hu? Your in mud and snow country and want good mileage. Forget the Thornbirds no matter what anyone tells you. They only have a little "looks cool" on their side. Swampers are a good tire but your not going to get much highway use from them. You need to take a very serious look at BFG MT's and AT's. They are a good offroad tire and will be great daily tires. And they look damn nice in a 33X12.5 on a good rim.

------------------
FearMe is only for fun, my real name is Roger and I'm a professional Cheese Taster with the ability to satisfy many fine women at the same time----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

[This message has been edited by FearMe (edited February 05, 2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts