BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this here because the truck is not going to be ready to go for about 2 weeks as I want to swap some stuff off of it with my new XJ. But here is the XJ that will be for sale.

88 XJ, 92 4.0L HO motor, D30 fr w/4.10 gears, 8 1/4 rear w/4.10's and lockright, front olympic winch bumper, fr. factory tow hook brackets (rear available), rear all custom bumper and tire carrier (w/highlift and reverse light brackets), 33x12.5 swampers (need to be replaced), Rubicon Express 4.5" lift kit, checker plated rear quarters,some dents but have extra doors and panels as replacements, cooling system converted to radiator cap style, skidplates, NP231 t-case, Auto tranny, etc, etc. $6000 obo. I'm also open to smaller offers if I can keep some parts off of it.

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
50 Posts
damn, if we hadn't just bought ours we'd be interested.
is all you have the 4.5" lift? how do you find the clearance for the 33's

------------------
when in doubt, hammer the gas
81 toy 4.5-5"lift, rebuilt 22r, homebuilt bumpers, 33 mud kings JDgreen, 4.37's*for sale*
now have_87xj w/5' lift, snorkel, roof rack, 8000 warn, 33" mud kings and rust

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Parts truck??

Cut and raised front fender flares. Its tight though. My new XJ runs around 6.5-7" lift and the 33x12.5 swampers fit fine.

Once I finish swapping things around between the two trucks, I will have a ton of extra XJ parts for sail including lift pieces. So stay tuned in.

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by DaveW:
Parts truck??

Cut and raised front fender flares. Its tight though. My new XJ runs around 6.5-7" lift and the 33x12.5 swampers fit fine.

Once I finish swapping things around between the two trucks, I will have a ton of extra XJ parts for sail including lift pieces. So stay tuned in.

might be interested in the lift parts: control arms and front and rear springs, with the coil spacer and lift blocks I have on mine I could get 6.5", what would you want for that stuff.

brad

------------------
when in doubt, hammer the gas
81 toy 4.5-5"lift, rebuilt 22r, homebuilt bumpers, 33 mud kings JDgreen, 4.37's*for sale*
now have_87xj w/5' lift, snorkel, roof rack, 8000 warn, 33" mud kings and rust

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ya, i'll be next in line for those control arms too, and i'm assuming your going to use the bumper and tire carrier, but if not, you know who to email, and possibly the tires, anyways, keep us posted.
Thanks
Jordan

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Hey Dave all I need is the bare tub, you can keep everything

Wait, how many doors does it have? More than two is too many.

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, 3" body lift, 2" front lift blocks, Warn XD900i winch, custom narrowed rear seat.
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Registered
47 Posts
it sound like you might be able to sell your old XJ in parts faster than as one whole jeep..

If you are selling parts I wouldn't mind the winch and the front bumper and the factory tow hook brackets.I've been looking for those for ages... the tire carrier would be nice to but I think Jordan wants that..

lets me know if your selling parts

thanks
Vic....

------------------
86 XJ, Procomp 3 inch lift w/ 31s and STUFF......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmmmm

I like the write up on the XJ. Do you have any pics you can post or email? If so, pass them my way. I'm looking at a 91 here in AB but would need to build it up. Yours seems like I could avoid that.

My concern is whether or not it would pass the outofprovince inspection.

Let me know

Chris

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry Dan, it has 4 doors, but hey isn't more better? Besides you get extra parts, lower gears, a nice rear bumper to match the front, and a locker (which I don't think you had last time I saw you. If you are going to help Dale McGregor with his lift install we can talk more there.

Everyone who is scrounging for parts will have to be patient. Everything is piled up and I will most likely be adding more so I need to take an inventory.

The All Custom Fabrication bumper is going with the truck as I have my own custom made one with an air tank for my new truck.

Chris, I will e-mail you some pics.

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts
88 XJ, 92 4.0L HO motor, D30 fr w/4.10 gears, 8 1/4 rear w/4.10's and lockright, front olympic winch bumper, fr. factory tow hook brackets (rear available $6000 obo. I'm also open to smaller offers if I can keep some parts off of it.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Give me a call...I'm interested in buying the XJ...

Barry
cell 833 9782

------------------
88 4Runner SR5/PMS

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would be interested, but I don't think I have enough room to store it right now. What's the run down on it? Motor, tranny, shape?

Dave.

------------------
Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts