BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new hear, and have done a quick search on tail gates, and didn't find anything in the forum...So I thought I would ask....
I need a new tail gate (and all the guts) for an 89 bronco full size. I have heard that you used to be able to buy an after market one, but have been unable to find anything in the lowermainland.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
This is a pretty readily available replacement component. Call Wasney's on Trapp Road in Burnaby and ask to see if they have any tailgates that are wirth salvaging. They have pretty much every Ford part on their lot! I know that you can buy replacement skins for the side of your truck, and a tailgate with out the guts from a remanufacture should run $200-300. Buy a used one and take it to a body shop, it might be cheaper.

------------------
78 Bronco 351M SM435 NP205, D44 and Ford 9", and all stock!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
A friend of mine has a tailgate off an 85 Bronco for sale. He says that it's in pretty good shape with new seals and runners. Think he wants $200 for it. Don't know if it's the same as what you have, given the different years.

Ed

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Go to this website, the guy that supplied the information on there knows whats up. According to him all three tail gates used since '78 will fit on any year bronco. All you need to do is swap the striker plates, the glass, and latches.
www.bigbronco.com/technical_articles

good luck!!

------------------
78 Bronco 351M SM435 NP205, D44 and Ford 9", and all stock!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts