BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is an automated RSS feed from the 4WDABC Site:

On June 5th 2010, the Four Wheel Drive Association of BC will be hosting the 8th Annual Stave Lake Cleanup Event.

Time: 9 am until 3 pm
Meeting Location: The shack at the Mission Dam

A summary of last years event can be found here: Stave Lake Cleanup Event 2009 Results

The association will be providing donuts and hot dogs (plus condiments) to volunteers. The association will also be providing water, ice, HD garbage bags, etc. All volunteers will be entered into a raffle with prizes drawn at the end of the day.

Additional items will be needed to make this another successful event. If you are able to bring any of the following, please let us know:

- Awnings for shade/shelter (to be setup at the meeting location)
- Coolers for ice and beverages
- Tables and chairs
- BBQ’s
- Propane tanks
- VHF radios (2 Meter band)
- Vehicles that can carry refuge to the staging area or dump.

All volunteer vehicles that can carry refuge to the City of Mission dump will be provided a sticker that allows entry into the dump. Note that the dump will close at 5pm.

In addition to the cleanup effort, and needing volunteers to help, it would be most welcome if a certified First Aid Attendant was present throughout the day.

Mike Salo, owner of Fraser Valley Metal Exchange, has indicated that they will provide another scrap metal bin and both Lloyd Davies, owner of DAVIES Sand & Gravel Ltd., and Keith, Darryl, and Glenn Weed, owners of C & C Trucking Ltd have indicated that they will again be providing drivers and dump trucks to assist with this event. THANK YOU!

If you need more information, and/or can bring any of the items listed above, please click to send an email to [email protected]

Below is a copy of the poster that can be seen around the Mission area.

Thank you for your continued support!

Chris Grant
VP, Four Wheel Drive Association of BC

Jump to original article at www.4wdabc.com.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
We'll be there with a large group of Geocachers again this year.

For those Geocacher/Wheelers out there you'll be able to claim an event while helping out the Association!

Here’s the event page: Stave Lake CITO

Post up your “will attend”

:canadian

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
It is a 4wdabc event, we just help with bringing out more participants!

Last year we brought out 22 people to help, were you there?

You sure did bring out the volunteers, and that was an awesome showing, Jordy! Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to seeing you again this year. Will you have the trailer again?

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Anyone know if this is also hosted/organized/helped out by the South Coast All Terrainers? They (at least I assume it was someone from their club) submitted a calendar entry for a Stave Lake clean-up for the same date.

...lars

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Lars,

Well, Mike Salo might have posted it. I guess I probably should have initially done that but I forget about the calendar and it's feature of sending an email 72 hours in advance as a heads up. Perhaps you could include a link back to the news blog when you approve the request? http://news.4wdabc.ca/?p=24
No problem but...my question is whether it should continue to be called a South Coast All Terrainers clean-up? Or should it be the 4WDABC and SCAT clean-up, or what? I didn't want to change the wording without knowing for sure. In any case, I'll link it to this thread.

...lars

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
No problem but...my question is whether it should continue to be called a South Coast All Terrainers clean-up? In any case, I'll link it to this thread.
Perhaps it's along the lines as Jordy's geocaching event and they simply want to stir up attendance from their club? Either way, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference as long as folks come out and join the party.

EDIT: and it could very well be that S.C.A.T. started this event 8 years ago and that bit of history has somehow been lost? I'll have to do a bit of research on that ...

·
Registered
68 Posts
By that date the water is usually up to the road and the majority of garbage is under water, Hydro usually fills the lake on the maylong.

Any reasons why we would not want to do this sooner so more of the harnful staff can be removed?

·
ultimate web wheeler
2,359 Posts
By that date the water is usually up to the road and the majority of garbage is under water, Hydro usually fills the lake on the maylong.

Any reasons why we would not want to do this sooner so more of the harnful staff can be removed?
i was just going to point this out...thanks reub.

so, any reason why the cleanup is after the waterlevel goes back up? regardless, i should be able to help out. have some tables, and a small military trailer to help hauling with junk...

·
Registered
319 Posts
No problem but...my question is whether it should continue to be called a South Coast All Terrainers clean-up? Or should it be the 4WDABC and SCAT clean-up, or what? I didn't want to change the wording without knowing for sure. In any case, I'll link it to this thread.

...lars
That was done by myself...a total misunderstanding and i tried to delete it after finding out but couldn't LOL! We might be looking for members all the time but wouldn't do it that way by no means so i apologize for the mistake.

Mike Salo is my bro n law but also the president of the all terrainers club and indeed he is droppin off a bin.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I didn't own a four by four last year and had no clue of the event until the bro in law (fraser valley metal exchange) told me bout it.
Kewl! look forward to seeing you there!

You sure did bring out the volunteers, and that was an awesome showing, Jordy! Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to seeing you again this year. Will you have the trailer again?
I'll have a trailer of some sort not sure if it will be the same one or possibly Steve's if he's not using it.

BTW, the cacher's with the car trail with sides on it will be there this year again.

Hopefully I'll have the Burb done by then also!!!

Count us in. We'll be there. (I have to start using that roof rack for something other than my kayak and bike!)
You finally going to get some mud on that Heep!
:poke:

·
Registered
122 Posts
With all the fun I had last year riding shotgun in Daryls dump truck I couldn't miss it :)

This time around I'll try and bring a 12ft utility trailer with me. Not 100% on the trailer, but I'll try my best. I also have my FR3 first aid ticket and some gear, so I have no problems volunteering my "medical" services. I'll try and bring as many friends as I can, but like last year they'll probably be too lazy to attend :laugh

Cya guys out there!!

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.