BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a 91 or even 92 style dash an easy bolt in in a early 80's cab? I know the Rangers are a PITA, having completely different mounting points. Anyone tried with a full size?

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
53 Posts
trust me it is not easy!I did one and it was a real pain in the ***.there are no tabs to bolt the later style dash to the piece under the windshield,had to remove the lower portion from the later cab and screw it to the earlier cab just to screw the dash to that

------------------
79 Bronco 33"geerals, 4"coils,shackle reversal
wow!what a view from up here

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured as much. I put a late dash in my 87 Ranger, and ended up welding tabs to the roll cage and bolting it to that. Works fine, but a OEM type bolt in would be easier :)
I don't much care for the dash/guage setup in the 80-86 F-trucks, and since I can't leave ANYTHING alone..... I don't even have the truck (yet), butI can't help checking out the options :) Cheap/free/junkyard mods are the best kind.

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm planning to just put a plate over the old gauge openning (aluminum or sumthin) and using a bunch of autometer guages in their place looks like it'd be pretty easy (except for the $$ for the guages
) seems to be a pretty flat face behind the guage packs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts