BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This truck is in Gold Bridge, BC, but i can change the tps and drive it down, hoping that somebody might want it as is where is so i don't have to deal with it.

The Good:
It's a 91, so EFI, excellent compression
ECU serviced, all caps replaced and re-sealed
SPOA + Shackle lift (at least 6")
(rear sammy springs in front; yj rears in the back)
5.13 diffs
rear diff brace
steering kit
31x10.5 super swampers (bad shape, hold air but that's about it)
tranny and t-case excellent
-new water pump+timing belt done 5K ago
-new starter done 1K ago
-new rad hoses, fresh plugs, all that good stuff
No rust to speak of; just a bit on the rear corner.
rhino-liner-like-stuff on the lower part of exterior and all of interior
front driveshaft is new-ish, but the lift is pretty high so it goes through them; i have an extra spacer.
new gas tank (bought but not installed yet)

IT NEEDS:

TPS - drove to Gold bridge, BC, died half-way through, parked at my property up there, been sitting a year
Brakes
Battery
Tires
Fresh(er) springs in the front
a bit of body work on the tailgate mounts
a good grease job

i have a vague idea of what it's worth, so taking offers...

EDIT: selling because i bought a boat and need something to tow it with; if you have something (4x4) with at least a 3L motor and a tow package i will definitely consider a trade.

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
whats the vague idea of what its worth?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
between 2 and 4 as is where is - 2, with new tps 2200, with new tps and decent tires 2600, with all fixes done in vancouver ready to go 4, but i would rather somebody grab it as is; i don't have the time, and my wife doesnt drive so picking up that thing up there would be a huge inconvenience, probably involving a greyhound and hitch-hiking, or lots of beer for a friend to drive me up there

·
Registered
208 Posts
thats my first samurai!! had that baby years ago, good to see its still around, btw when i had it it still had the tps issue, i just unplug the plug under the passenger dash and restart it, usually while still rollin down the road.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
thats my first samurai!! had that baby years ago, good to see its still around, btw when i had it it still had the tps issue, i just unplug the plug under the passenger dash and restart it, usually while still rollin down the road.
ahahaha hey can't argue with a good trail fix

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's awesome! this sammy has been a blast -- i bought it off a guy in Kelowna; actually hitch-hiked there to pick it up; i've had it for about 5 years now -- come to think about it i might have run into you in north van at a gas station years back -- you did most of the work on it right? the tps has packed it in permanently though at this point... i managed to drive it to the end of the trail on high idle in low.

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
how in a hurry are you to sell it? im interested i just have to get my lwb sold.

·
Registered
208 Posts
that's awesome! this sammy has been a blast -- i bought it off a guy in Kelowna; actually hitch-hiked there to pick it up; i've had it for about 5 years now -- come to think about it i might have run into you in north van at a gas station years back -- you did most of the work on it right? the tps has packed it in permanently though at this point... i managed to drive it to the end of the trail on high idle in low.
yup thats me! i sold it to the guy in ktown. i did EVERYTHING except the spoa. even the body damage hehe. thoroughly enjoyed that split hardtop, have not been able to find that kind anywhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
between 2 and 4 as is where is - 2, with new tps 2200, with new tps and decent tires 2600, with all fixes done in vancouver ready to go 4, but i would rather somebody grab it as is; i don't have the time, and my wife doesnt drive so picking up that thing up there would be a huge inconvenience, probably involving a greyhound and hitch-hiking, or lots of beer for a friend to drive me up there
If you'll take $2000 as is, where is, I'll take it. You can call me at 250-975-0545 to discuss further or make arrangements for payment.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
i thought this was tmoneys old sammy. had some good times in that truck thows swampers came all the way for orgeon on that truck with stock gearing at the time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.