BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 Suzuki Sidekick that is pretty well stock other then a cold air intake, customized exhaust and slightly larger tires. I have herd these vehicles have allot of potential in off road, one problem spot i have found is the front sway bar. Dose any body have an idea that could work so i could have articulation in the back woods but sensible handling on road, after all it is my daily driver.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just remove the 2 nuts (12mm?) that connect to the A-arms when you go off road and push the sway bar up and out of the way (I have never tried it so make sure there is no interference issues) or just remove it all together like I did it makes on road driving fun. A bit of a lift would help off road too, the stock height is closer to a car then a suv

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it is fairly stable with out the sway bar, sweet, i was to worried to try because my dad kinda handed it off to me, and its in fairly good condition. About that lift i tried the spring spacers but the struts would top out on almost every bump, then dropping the struts would cause the axles to pull out of the axle housing, what type of kit do you have?
Thanks for the suggestions to.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You wont have that issue with mudchild's lift or any strut spacers for that matter. the axles will be fine up to 2.5" past that there is to much ware on them, they wont fall out

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that man I am really happy that i found some info like that because las summer dumped 100 smakaroos on a set of 1.5" lift blocks or something like that but pulled them back out because I was worried about damage, I am am a fabricator so i can make something to drop my struts a bit.
Thank you very much, if i didn't have the blocks already I would have bought yours for sure, one thing tho what dose the diff spacer accomplish.
:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
309 Posts
[/ATTACH]
Another question is if any body has any ideas on how to squeeze more power out of the 91 1.6L 16V sidekick engine, and could more exhaust flow add power?
Thanks.
Mammal Font Electric blue Magenta Brand
you can get one of these off of EBAY LOL

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I doubt a 16V can benefit from a header much. When you look at the factory one it already looks like a nice header. Openning the exhaust may free up some small ammount of HP near the red line but it's at the price of torque down low... The 16 Vs are tough to "budget build" and get real results.
You can still do it and simply feel better about it because it will sound like it has more go, but... that's about it.

It's not worth it in my opinion... or go with canaboost's idea, it's even cheaper to get the placebo you need... LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.