BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finding parts for YJ's out here in Calgary at AutoWreckers is close to impossible. And I'm not about to buy a new switch at a dealer for 130 dollars. I've been told that this part might also be a GM part. Anyone out there with any comments on that.

I'd check the part myself but am having a hell of time pulling the steering wheel off. Probably have to go buy a puller. And help on replacing the stupid switch would be great as well.

The thing went on me on my way to work today. Even with arm signals out the window, the looks of pissed of drivers was amazing. Nothing like having compasion for a fellow motorist who's down on his luck. lol. oh well. I guess a smile all starts with the one you give.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've been told that this part might also be a GM part. Anyone out there with any comments on that.
I think that they are the same, i changed my whole steering column and I have spare parts from a 83 CJ5 tilt steering column. You can have the switch if you find out they are the same, you pay shipping of course. Can you take a picture of the broken part and post it? I can go and compare the parts if I have a picture. Anyone else know if YJ and CJ steering column parts are the same?

The puller cost me $9.99 at Canadian Tire, it worked fine. You can also borrow them from most CT's. You should also get a pair of snap ring pliers.

Let me know.

WW

------------------
1983 CJ5, 8274, 3" lift, 235/85R/16,OBA,OBB!
1984 Chev 3/4 ton 4X4
1999 Dodge Dakota 4x4. The dragon's truck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts