BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make it simple......yesterday @ Davis lake went thru part of the lake on the way to camping. Later that night the radio worked fine, weather got nasty so we packed up. Started the jeep up, then realized i had no radio, dome/interior light, and no KC daylights. Checked the inside fuses...nothing wrong there. Checked the inline fuses for the KC's and the 1st one (20amp) is completely melted, the 2nd inline(also 20amp) is blown. Not sure besides water what would actually cause the fuse holder to melt into the fuse. And what would cause the interior lights and radio to stop working like that.

I wanted to re do the wiring on the KC daylights anyways as it looks like a bonehead did it before. :help:

· Registered
232 Posts
I think it's in the fuse box in the engine bay there is a small and I mean small red fuse 30amp maybe check that one

· Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked all the fuses earlier and what i found was two inline fuses that are for the KC daylighters one was completely melted to the holder and the other on the firewall is blown as well. I think it was a water issues after going thru the lake at one point but the radio must have a fuse in the back....i'm hopin anyways.

· Registered
232 Posts
Fuses to your lights shouldn't have anything to do with you interior lights etc. If you have an aftermarket stereo there will be a fuse on the back.

· Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know its not gonna be a HUGE deal to fix it.....I'm more tryin to figure out why it all went at one time.......especially when i was using the radio friday night while standing in the pissing rain/wind listenin to JRFM up @ Davis. I'm just gonna blame mother f'n nature hahahaha!

Gonna get a couple of water tight fuse holders as well for under the hood. I can not stand messy wiring.

· Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FIXED it in about 1/2 hr or so. The one blown fuse was running power to I'm guessing the dome/interior light and stereo fuse inside the jeep (kinda strange but a lil easier to get at then under the dash) And the other melted fuse/fuse holder was the power to the KC daylighters relay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.