BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying one of these and wondering what size the front and rear diffs are? also what is the gear ratio? And how much lift i need to fit 35" tires. (I've tried to find this info myself but haven't had any luck!)

THANX

------------------
82 CJ5, Warn 8000lb, body armour, lights, lifted w/ 33" BFG's,

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1/2 ton

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Here is what I found out. the 1500's have a D44 front and Chrysler 9.25" rear. most of them come stock with 3.55 axle ratios. If you open the hood and look right behind the grill there should be a build sticker. It will tell you what axles it has, the gear ratios and wether it has open or limated slip difs. If it says anti slip you have a limated slip rear dif, otherwise it is open.

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

·
Registered
142 Posts
How much are you spending on it. I just bought a 96 half ton with a 318 for $10,800. I had a hell of a time finding what i wanted(shortbox, ext. cab, 5 spd). Check the front end out thourgholy. Mine needs a steering box, ball joints, motor mount and an axle u-joint is starting to go. Other than that, I love the truck, gets better mileage than my lifted cherokee with 32's did.
Jarret's right aabout the difs., dana44 up front, 9.25 in back. the 2500's came with dan 60's front and back i believe.
Don't think you need much lift for 35's. A friend puta 4" lift in with 35's, and the tires look too small.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
From what I hear about Dodges they spit out u-joints. At least the old ones do. I think that is their only drawback.

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

·
Registered
7 Posts
[And how much lift i need to fit 35" tires. (I've tried to find this info myself but haven't had any luck!)
I have a 97 318 sport shorty, and I'm running a 33 inch tire which rubs a little when I crank my wheels...You would only need 2-3 inches to get the clearance to run a 35 inch tire...or hey just buy my truck !!!!It needs nothing and is fully warrentied!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has the 318, auto, standard cab, shortbox, sport, fully loaded, with a 3" pro-comp stage 2 susp. system and new
33" Yokohama Geolander MT's. I would like to get 35" MT/R's. If they don't fit I'll put in a 2"-3" body lift. This Dodge can't spit out more U-joints than my Jeep does!!

------------------

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a '97 1500 swb reg. cab w/3" blackdiamond coil spacers(front) and a little mix/match in the back. 35" a/t's rub a tiny bit on the plastic fender liners. I run w/o the sway bar sometimes, doesn't matter.5" would be nice...also twice the price.

------------------
97 ram 1500 swb.3" w/35"at. 4.56 w/rear detroit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts