BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am looking for a good beginners 4x4. I am considering Nissan's and Toyota's because i need decent fuel economy. I was hoping for some suggestions. My budget is about $4000. Any info would be a BIG help

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Depends on what you want it for. Essentially there is lots of support for the Toyotas while only minimal for the Nissans.
With your price range, you are looking at early to mid-eighties.

Wes

------------------
...a member of the herd
www.hot.alloffroad.com

·
Registered
108 Posts
81-to-85 toyota pickup- get solid front axle because there way better and way cheaper to lift. Look in the buyansell and keep your eye out when your driving around your town.
Post again if you need more info.

------------------
85 Yota- 31's, smittybuilt bush bar with 2 Hellas,roll bar with 4 KCs,insane pioneer stereo,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
GRAD CLASS OF 2001!

·
Registered
9 Posts
suzuki samuri, my buddy has one and loves it. i hear that from a lot of people, and from people that have pre 85 toys too. thats what i am lookin to get.

Drew

------------------
breakage is inevitable,
misery is optional.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A toy is a good start, but dont expect great gas milage, mine gets about 19 - 20 mpg runn'n 33's and 4:37 gears. I tend to drive it like its an atv, after having a full size 68 GMC before, it seems so small.....

later
Ken

------------------
81 Toy, 3 Dogs, shotgun & ******* attitude, Go ahead, try and steal it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.