BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possible? This guy live in Newfoundland and claims these are the real values of YJs. Am I the chump
for not believing him? What do you guys think? Have you seen deals like these for good Jeeps that didn't need a million dollars in work?

quote:
--------------------------------------------

I know of 3 YJs that have sold here in Newfoundland in the last 2 months in that range. An '87 4 banger with 3.5" Superlift and 33's ($950), an '89 4.2 Lt with Weld wheels and a brand new softop and carb ($1100), a '91 4 banger with SOA and 4" ProComp lift with 35's and custom bumpers ($1200). I personally just bought an '82 CJ7 with D44, built 350 (Edelbrock heads, carb and intake), AA bellhousing, brand new Cooper 33 STTs and Rancho's for $1000 CDN. None of these Jeeps were rusted out and all passed safety. Deals are out there, you just gotta be patient. Not trying to flame you [Spalding], but don't tell me I'm wrong unless you know what you're talking about.

Edit - What will you give me for my'95 YJ??? J/K

--------------------------------------------

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Newfie you are exempt from this debate...

Are you trying to skew the results of my chump test?

Spalding

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Those sound like fighting words

------------------
92 Jeep YJ with 1 inch shackle lift and a 2 inch body lift running 31's

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds totally unreasonable for the seller.
Doesnt make any sense...
I bought my 87 with all sorts of perks for $5000
Not $500
So it doesnt add up somewhere.
Unless something huge is missing or it needs some hardcore work.

------------------
1987 3" lifted YJ with 31" KOs new paint etc.

·
Registered
302 Posts
most of my friends from back east (anywhere east of the Rockies) have always said BC is the best place to sell a vehicle cause you'll get a better profit here ... buddy of mine bought a car in Toronto for 375, then drove out here for a job and sold the same car for 2300 ... so it all sounds 'bout right to me

------------------
81 Bronco 33s
92 YJ 31s
84 Bronchial spasm

·
Registered
208 Posts
All vehicles are definitely cheaper, the further East ya go. Have lived in PEI, spent a lot of time in Newfoundland on detachment, and lived in NS. Everything he's saying sounds right pricewise. Only thing I have a doubt about is the "not rusted out" thing. There may not be bay windows in the floor boards yet, but no car on the East coast goes for ten- fifteen years without being rusty. Salt kills. 'Cept for my jeep of course ;0) F'glass rocks :0)

Rob

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Gas is like $1.25 a liter there, so vehicles are far less desireable, therefore they sell for less.

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, 3" body lift, 2" front lift blocks, Warn XD900i winch, custom narrowed rear seat.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It also depends on community.. I lived in a small county [Lanrk] in Ontario.. I bought a 84 XR200R for 800.00 that was in 1990. Mint condition. Have you seen the prices now 2000.00 for the same bike.. We coud buy snowmobiles from farmers for 300- 500 bucks. Yamaha exciters, skidoo 377. It is dependant on where you live. City ppl want to get back all there money and then some.. Country ppl just want it out. Within Reason of course.. Ever heard tha story about the old guy who had it in the barn just sitting. And someone baught it real cheap, as if to say sucker.. Trust me the old man new what he had and just didn't care. It is now gone thats all he wanted..

So as faras deals go in other provinces anything is possible...

My .02 cents

Jason

------------------
92yj d44 front& rear.4.09
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
Ramsey pro+ 8000
SOA coming in Jan bye bye body lift hello 8" suspension lift

1 - 10 of 10 Posts