BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am normally a Toyota guy but I have been reading up on Zuk's a little and I love how they look on a big set of tires so I am considering one as my next vehicle buildup.
A few questions about them (Sami's of course)
1)Stock Gear Ratio
2)engine sizes
3)how much lift to fit say 33 x 12.5's
4)And I guess any other info that you guys see relivent
thax in advance Anthony

------------------
jHEEPs kill, drive Yota

·
Registered
22 Posts
1)Stock Gear Ratio-3.73:1

2)engine sizes-1.3 liter (highly anemic at a whopping 55 hp)

3)how much lift to fit say 33 x 12.5's- about 7.5 inches to clear those, plus other considerations for clearance. Usually a spoa with some mild lift springs, however, there are a dozen different ways to fit 33's and make your rig flex like it was on coils (missing links, YJ spring conversions, etc)

4)And I guess any other info that you guys see relivent- Find one that is stock and in incredibly good shape, they're out there an reasonable priced. If you don't mind the lack of power on the hiway, get a GRSII t-case and rule the trails (4.89-1 reduction, woo hoo), or even a baby lobster case(4.16-1) will do, although I have my preferences. Spring over with missing links, long shocks and brake lines, longer driveshafts, lockers, and you're keeping up with the big rigs.

Mike

------------------
Mike Ellis

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7.5 inches seems like alot of lift, what would that cost? i think at the moment a spring over is out of the question, don't have the welding skills that i would want to have my life riding on it. In Saskatchewan I have seen many stockers with under 70,000 km for $2500 so finding a good one really won't be an issue. I won't really be out on the moutains much cause I do live on the prairies so flex won't be a huge issue, looking at mud and moderate hills.

------------------
jHEEPs kill, drive Yota

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by Gullygossner:
7.5 inches seems like alot of lift, what would that cost? i think at the moment a spring over is out of the question, don't have the welding skills that i would want to have my life riding on it. In Saskatchewan I have seen many stockers with under 70,000 km for $2500 so finding a good one really won't be an issue. I won't really be out on the moutains much cause I do live on the prairies so flex won't be a huge issue, looking at mud and moderate hills.

remember that the samurais come stock with something stupid like a 27 or 28" tire a spring over lift will give you 6" lift and you can fit 32" tires Go for the glory spring over with 4" lifted springs not much flex but you can fit 36" tires!!!!! have fun!!

------------------
85 Samurai

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well here's what I was thinking:

Doin the SOA, then swapping in Toy diffs, since i have them kickin around anyways, then putting 44044's springs with 2 inch longer then stock shakles (longer, shorter???) or so, should get about 8 or 9 inches lift????? Will flex like a champ too

------------------
jHEEPs kill, drive Yota

[This message has been edited by Gullygossner (edited October 18, 2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts